Exercises on the ball for the spine: herniation, degenerative disc disease, video
Modern jobs require a sedentary lifestyle causes back pain, which will help to manage the exercises on the fitball for the spine. Doctors advise to use this multi-functional shell, as it does not require significant material costs, gives an opportunity to workout at home without the supervision of a specialist. Exercises with the ball for the spine is recommended for correction of posture, osteochondrosis, osteoporosis, and strengthen the muscles. Pregnancy exercises relieves strain on the lower back.
The content of the article
What is a fitball?
The fitball is a versatile sports equipment. In shape is a large ball (median diameter 45-85 cm). The types of these shells:
- The surface is smooth, with pimples, with handles (horns).
- The shape – standard round, oval.
The ball is suitable for people of different ages, sizes, as it can withstand weight up to 300 kg. Shell is universal, but choosing the diameter of the fitball, it is worth considering your height. The approximate ratio of growth and size of the ball:
- Up to 150 cm – 45 cm;
- To 165 cm – 55 cm;
- 185 cm – 65 cm;
- To 200 cm – 75 cm;
- More than 200 cm – 85 cm
Tip: during the purchase to sit on a fitball, if the knees will be lifted up - it is necessary to choose the diameter is larger.
Performing exercises on a fitball, you need to remember a few rules:
- For a newcomer should start with small loads, small number of sets, increasing the time gradually. This is necessary to avoid possible injuries, sprains and discomfort.
- For classes to be responsible, especially with troubled back. Ignoring the advice and rules, training harm, and then restore the back hard.
- You should not believe the myths that the ball may burst, especially stun. The material of these shells is durable, so damage is not responsible.
- When you start to feel that the load does not bring the expected result, we need to pump the ball more, not making this sustainable. The back muscles will work harder.
Suggest to read: stretching of the spine, hernia at home.
A set of exercises on the fitball
Relieve stress will help stretch.
- Kneel down, placing before him the ball.
- Hands down over an exercise ball, by tilting the body parallel to the floor.
- Exhale - to lift and round the back of the ball to shift to the body, head lowered to his chest.
- To stay in this position for 30 seconds, keeping the breath smooth.
- Breath - taking start position, to relax a bit and re-run.
When you perform regular exercise helps to realign the spine, relieve tension in the lower back.
The following exercise to stretch the spine, help in the fight against osteoarthritis: extrusion.
- To sit on top of fitball, legs bent at the knees, hands resting on the wall.
- Breath – the ball to maximize roll back, leaving your hands stationary. The spine will stretch out.
- Stay in this position for 2 - 3 minutes, keeping the breath even.
- Exhale – make the original position.
Twisting on fitball develop flexibility of the spine and helps with stagnation of salts in the back.
- Lying on your back, throw your feet on the ball, the emphasis hands, scattered on the sides.
- Doing rolls with a ball left and right, so that the knee touches the floor. Try to move only your hip joints, not helping hands.
After a long day do you feel tension the back to relax the muscles:
- Lie back on the ball, pull the legs, feet pressed to the floor, hands put behind your head, palms touch the floor.
- Must be calm, and rhythmic breathing. When you inhale the body needs to relax, breathing out, easily, smoothly strain.
Exercise aimed at the development of the hip joints:
- With most straight back to sit on top of the ball.
- To do a circular rotation of the hips, keeping the same rhythm. Be sure to observe the breathing rhythm, which should be calm, steady, measured.
To strengthen the back muscles and the press offer the following set of exercises:
- To lie down on top of the ball, leaning on the floor hands and feet. Pull the arm and the opposite leg (e.g. left arm - right leg). It should hold for 4-5 seconds. While exhaling return to the starting position. To change arm and leg, re-run.
- Lying on his stomach on the ball, lower legs and hands down. Breath - simultaneously pull hands and legs, the body should be parallel to the floor. Exhale - slowly makeoriginal position.
- To lie down on his stomach on top of ball, hands resting on the floor. Try to raise straight legs above the level of the body. Exercise for the more experienced lovers of the exercises on the fitball. Not only strengthens the back muscles, but also the press.
- Complicated previous exercise. Lying stomach on top of ball, hands clasp the ball. Raise legs slightly above the level of the body. For balance, the muscles become tense.
- Suitable for trained athletes. Make the position of the push-up position with your feet on the projectile. - Inhale and pull your knees to your chest, exhale - to return to its original position. Strengthens the muscles of the lower back, press, shoulders.
- The previous exercise in the complicated form: take the same starting position. Inhale - raise the pelvis, as if trying to do a cartwheel to keep your knees as straight as possible. To stay about 2-3 seconds. Exhale - to return to its original position.
- For those wishing to make not only stronger than the back muscles, and buttocks. Take a laying position on the floor, put foot on top of ball, arms should be at your sides. To raise the pelvis as high as possible, keeping a balance, to stay about 4-6 seconds to return to the initial position. When you run be careful if muscle strength is not enough to keep the balance, it is better to start the exercise from the floor.
- Lie down with stomach on the ball, take away the hands behind your head, toes resting on the floor (if hard to resist, the heels lock the position using the wall). To lift body along the floor. Aimed at strengthening the lower back and gluteal muscles.
- Read also: exercises on the boards Evminov
Exercise during pregnancy
The complex is aimed at taking the strain off the lumbar area, strengthening of back muscles that facilitate the process of carrying a child.
- Sitting on top of the ball and keep your back flat, head up the stretch, the shoulders drop down. Arms raise parallel to the floor, keep at the same level. Bend the left hand to press the elbow to the body and send back. The situation is reminiscent of the stretching of the bow string. Similarly to repeat for the right hand.
- Sitting on top of the fitball to stretch the spine, your arms should be bent at the elbows, elbows pressed against the body. Without removing his elbows from the body, raise the forearms, keeping them parallel to the floor. Try to make the blades stronger, stand still for 2-3 seconds, take an initial position.
- Keep your back straight while sitting on the fitball, hands, holding them parallel to the floor. Lower the body down to an angle of 60-45 degrees to the floor, with arms bent at the elbows. To connect the blades not lifting the shoulders. In this position, straighten your arms, inhale. Bend your arms while exhaling and straighten up.
- To sit on my lap, the body is inclined at an angle of 45-60 degrees, to rest against your thigh. Bent arms, guide in hand, body to tilt below. You need to connect the blades, lowering the shoulders back to the original position.
- For exercises need another ball smaller. Sit on the floor, his back turned to the fitball, push the head and shoulders a little ball to hold feet, to dissolve knees in the parties. Put your hands behind your head, fold them so that your forearms are connected. Maximally relaxed, to stay in this position for about 2 minutes.
If discomfort arises, experts advise to put a blanket or a fitness Mat under your buttocks.
The benefits of fitball exercises for the back can talk endlessly. So choose any exercise regularly, then the back will always be in tone and feeling excellent.