Stretching spine exercises and exercises at home
Stretching back treats and prevents diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Performing exercises stretching of the spine to restore joint suppleness and mobility. Stretching exercises of the spine for those who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Stretching back muscles performs therapeutic and preventive function.
Regular exercises will relieve muscle tension, improve blood circulation and metabolic processes in the vertebrae and joints, develop coordination, correct defects of the spine, eliminate pain. Due to muscle stretching restores the posture. Exercises for stretching helps to relax, because of favorable effects on the human nervous system. Regular exercise relieve pain of the head osteochondrosis.
The content of the article
What is stretching of the back muscles?
With age, muscles, cartilage and tendons lose their elasticity. The first signs of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. To prevent this will help stretch the back and spine.
There are five types of stretching:
- Active – suitable for the experienced athlete, involves self-study;
- Passive – for beginners, the stretching of the spine is performed under the supervision of an instructor;
- Dynamic and ballistic – recommended for professional athletes, movements are performed with a wide range before the appearance of lung pain;
- Static – holding a certain posture for a long period of time, requires maximum endurance.
Stretch your spine by doing exercises on special trainers or the gym. Each session should not last longer than 5 – 10 minutes. The complex consists of exercises to perform which can be on their own, without an instructor.
For training at home fit a static set of exercises for stretching of the spine. The program consists of flowing movements with a short locking posture.
How to prepare for stretching the back:
- Be sure to warm up before class;
- Use all muscles and joints;
- Stretch each muscle group from 15 seconds to 1 minute;
- Do not jerks, stretch the body smoothly;
- Breathe calmly;
- Practice regularly.
Exercises to stretch back muscles at home:
- Do stretching of the spine vis on the bar. Hang on the bar as possible, if possible pull.
- Straighten up, put hands on shoulders. Pull the head up.
- Sit on a flat surface, extend your legs in front of him. Do alternating bending.
- Lie on your back. Bending slightly at the knees, grasp the top with your hands. Slightly tighten your stomach muscles, raise up. Abstain for 2-3 seconds.
- Sit on the floor. Bend your legs, grab your knees, hold the position for approximately 15 seconds.
- Stand up straight, relax. Tighten your neck muscles. Do tilt your head.
- Stand up, connect the legs together. Grasp feet with hands in the calf and do forward bends.
- Same initial position. Stand still. Tighten your abdominal muscles for 5-10 seconds.
- Sit on the chair (home), put your hands down. Turn your head left – right, leaning to the shoulder. Maximize range of motion.
Complete a few approaches to this complex therapy with the interval of not more than 10 minutes. Exercises for stretching of muscles are recommended to start with 10 repetitions, gradually increasing the number.
The yoga asanas
If you are familiar with yoga practice, then you can safely use six of the most useful asanas for the spine to stretch muscles. They are recommended for scoliosis, hernia, osteochondrosis and other diseases, prophylactic during pregnancy.
At the beginning of the gymnastics stretching should do some stretching by bending, arm swing, stretching.
The suggested exercises for stretching the spine at home:
- Cat: get on all fours so that the center of gravity fell on his knees and palms. Rotting back, take a deep breath, lift your head and pull the upper torso. Exhaling, lower your head, pull your stomach, occupies. Slowly perform 10 times. Take on an empty stomach.
- Cat rotation increases the load. Starting position as in the previous exercise. Make smooth the back line and begin rotation about an imaginarythe horizontal axis. Make the move the spine. Round your back, exhale, rotten breath. Repeat 6 times.
- The stretching step involves the leg muscles. Standing on all fours, sit down on the bent right leg, pull your right hand forward. Then, focus on your left hand and pull back the left leg.
- Vicious plow: lie on your back with hands behind the head. Smoothly raise the extended legs up to the formation of a right angle, pull the toes towards yourself, and heels. Then slowly lower the legs over head, toes, take in the palm of your hand. Maximum stretch. The breathing should be quiet. Hold the position for 1 minute, then gradually increase the time. Be careful: do not drop the legs lower than the body flexibility.
- Rolls on the back: sitting on a level surface, tighten leg-to-torso, pressing feet toward each other. Clasp your hands, ankles, chin forced against her knees. The back of the head, neck and back represent the arc. Do rifts ago. Return to starting position. Do 10-20 times. Breathe arbitrarily. Do rifts on a level floor.
- The Cobra: lying face down, clasp your foot. Chin utknites to the Mat, hands press to the floor. Without lifting your abdomen, lift your upper torso as high as possible. As far as possible bend your head back, eyes lift up. Breathing through the nose. Return slowly to the starting position. Repeat 5-10 times.
- Recommended reading: yoga postures for the back muscles and spine
How to stretch the back of osteochondrosis
To relieve the pain in osteochondrosis and other diseases of the locomotor system helps traction, or traction. Perform as in a medical facility and at home. Doctors contradictory to this procedure. As a result of traction diverging vertebrate slit, whereby the pain disappears. Conversely, increased muscle size leads to the formation of cracks.
The therapeutic effect of the procedure increases the use of modern equipment for the spine in the home. They perform horizontal stretching of the spine, which greatly reduces the injury of the stretchable fabric.
Stretching of the spine in the home is allowed when pain in the back. It is recommended to take a relaxing bath, then proceed to the exercises for the back.
Here is a sample of a traction exercise to stretch the back and spine:
- Up against the wall, the maximum squeeze to her shoulders, buttocks and heels. Take a slow breath in, hold your breath. Pull the head upwards. Hold for a few seconds. Exhale and relax the body. The number of repetitions – 3-4.
- Forced against the wall, inhale through the nose. Holding the breath, move the hands to your chest then raise one. Take a look at the outside of the brush while pulling your other hand along the body. Keep the brush pointing towards your fingers horizontally. Exhale, return to starting position. Relax and repeat the exercise 2-3 times.
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms behind your head. Tuck your chin to your chest, connect feet. Pull the heel of one foot forward and the other toe back. Make the body a horizontal surface, relax. Repeat for both legs. Then slightly Flex the spine and vignettes. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Accept the position for stretching the back. Palm put under the neck, connect feet. Socks pull on yourself until you feel tension in the back. Do quick movements of the feet to the sides, the heels remain stationary.
There are contraindications, in which stretching of the back muscles should not be done:
- You cannot perform stretching in such diseases as osteoporosis and arthritis;
- With extreme caution make traction in osteochondrosis;
- In a number of contraindications – cardiovascular disease in special list – thrombosis;
- Listen to yourself, consult with your doctor if you are pregnant;
- Do not for colds and viral infections during heat;
- Do not overexert during exercise.
Failure to do so will lead to serious complications.