Cervical lordosis: causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, photos, videos
One of the most common diseases of the spinal column is the cervical lordosis. This pathology is characterized by abnormal bending of the cervical spine in an arc shape. The convexity directed forward, the posture when it has gross violations. If there is such a disease there is tenderness, frequent headaches, turns and tilts of the head are limited and painful. In some cases, found numb hands.
The human anatomy is constructed in such a way that the spine in normal condition there is 4 of curvature. This is the sacral, lumbar, thoracic and cervical. When the bending of the arc is back, this kyphosis. Called a lordosis, if the curvature of the front. The curves resulted from the circulation of a human exactly, that is, during the movement absolutely smooth legs. Thus is the balance in the environment and preservation of internal organs. Sick of this pathology at equally the representatives of both female and male. Have the children show the native pathology. Often the disease affected people from 17 to 36 years.
Congenital lordosis occurs due to pathological processes in the womb. Most often it is a spinal injury as a result of passage of the fetus through the birth canal.
Acquired lordosis of the neck occurs due to various factors:
- Rheumatoid arthritis nature;
- Systemic inflammation of the joints of the spine;
- On the background of osteochondrosis;
- Dislocations of the vertebrae;
- Injuries and fractures of the cervical;
- Herniated discs;
- The blood circulation;
- Muscle spasms of the neck;
- Contracture and atrophy of the neck muscles;
- The appearance of metastases in the neck, due to oncological processes lying near the bodies.
There are factors that can cause this disease:
- Obesity of various degrees;
- Violation of diet;
- The abuse of alcohol;
- Not diabetes and diabetes;
- An underactive thyroid gland;
- Increased production of thyroid hormones;
- A sharp jump in growth in children, resulting in the vertebral column develops faster than the muscular system.
Cervical lordosis is divided into the following types:
- Lordosis arising due to normal growth of the body, is physiological;
- Lordosis, which is the cause of injury during childbirth or other diseases, is called pathological.
On the origin is divided into such kinds:
- Primary, resulting from any pathological conditions of the spine;
- Secondary, when the cause is excessive weight, sharp metabolic disorders, and cancerous tumors of neighboring organs.
On features of occurrence of lordosis it is divided into:
In addition, the backbone can be strongly curved forward or become flat because of the existing physiological disorders of the cervical.
- See also: the Treatment of cervical scoliosis
Cervical lordosis is characterized by the following features:
- Curvature of the spine in the cervical region: the neck is strongly curved forward;
- There are changes in the appearance of the shoulders. They lowered down;
- The lower part of the abdomen, and the neck is bent forward;
- Curvature of the spine accompanied by pain in the neck and shoulders;
- Patient complains of headaches and nausea;
- There is noise in the ears;
- A decrease in capacity, impaired visual memory and attention;
- Drowsiness and fast asteniceski;
- low need for food;
- Heart palpitations;
- While performing a simple physical activity immediately pressure rises and breath quickens;
- Possible numbness in the lesion;
- The back "colitis", I feel goosebumps in the part of the neck and shoulders;
- Loss of power in the affected area.
- See also: Hyperlordosis of the cervical spine
Diagnosis a doctor can on the basis of visual inspection of the patient, as well as examining medical history and conducting instrumental studies. Examines the patient is a doctor specializing in disordersposture, trauma. He evaluates the appearance of the patient, conducts palpation of the damaged areas of the body. Thus, it checks for the presence of pain in the neck and back. With a ruler traumatologist checks the size of the bend. For this, the patient becomes upright, the doctor finds two inflection points and measures them. In addition to the inspection carried out additional tests that definitively diagnose cervical lordosis. Among them:
- Radiography of the cervical spine. It measures the depth of lesion of the vertebrae.
- CT. This method of study also confirm the depth of the bend and determine the cause of the development of the pathological process.
- Magnetic resonance imaging. The process helps to determine the cause of the lordosis and confirms the diagnosis.
This pathology is easily treatable, if not to delay the doctor's visit. In the early stages of the development of lordosis of the cervical spine treated conservatively without resorting to surgery quickly enough. In identifying these symptoms should immediately contact a specialist. Cervical lordosis involves complex treatment. The course includes medication and physical therapyand Spa treatment.
Cervical lordosis can cause the presence of other diseases. In this case, you must first treat the cause of the defeat, after which to get rid of lordosis.
In the presence of pain using drugs that reduce the inflammatory process. You need to take ibuprofen 200 mg twice a day. To reduce pain in the neck used intramuscular injections: Movalis 1.5 ml. the Duration of drug therapy – 10 days.
Relieve pain b vitamins Ideal – medicines containing just the vitamins in this group. These are injections: used 3.0 ml or the 2.0 ml. neurobion Take 1 times a day for two weeks.
Relieve spasm drugs, relaxing muscle pain. So, mydocalm 1.0 ml is applied in the form of injections and tablets. The treatment lasts 4 weeks. As a physiotherapeutic methods of treatment used massage of the neck and back. Is deep massage of the entire spine. The course is 20-25 times.
Other methods of physiological therapy:
- The use of cervical collars;
- Treatment with needles. There are 10-12 times.
- Ultrasonic treatment. Used 14-16 times.
- Water therapy for neck. 10-12 sessions.
- Recovery with the help of magnets. Held 10-14 times.
- Exercises for the neck and shoulders. The duration of a few months.
Well as physical therapy to align the logs useful to sign up for swimming, and in the late spring to undergo the Spa treatment. For maximum effect, and correct problems of the spine all of these treatments should be combined.
- Carefully review information: Lordosis, what is it?
A profound course of treatments and treatment gives you beautiful posture, smooth shoulders and back. Pain in the neck will remain in the past. Surgery doctor determines only if a congenital disease. The rehabilitation period also includes physiological treatment and massage.