Chiropractic neck at home video
Manual therapy of the neck is an effective treatment in cervical osteochondrosis, which involves mechanical effect on muscle tissue and vertebrae of the upper part of the ridge. The method is used in the abnormalities in the cervical vertebrae and connecting joints and with functional blockade, which occurs due to swelling or muscle spasms.
Manual impact stimulates the process of normalization aimed at the alignment of the vertebrae relative to each other. Before beginning the procedures it is required to establish a clinical diagnosis, which includes the type of variance function of the vertebrae and helps to identify possible contraindications. Diagnostics shows the exact area violation movement that promotes effective treatment.
The content of the article
Indications for use
Manual therapy in cervical osteochondrosis designated doctor, if found the following pathology:
- Pain in the spine;
- Protrusion of intervertebral discs;
- Inflammation of the intervertebral joints;
- Functional blockade;
- Diseases of the segments of the cervical spine;
- Autonomic dysfunction.
Mechanical techniques from ancient times are used for relieving the symptoms of osteoarthritis of the cervical, however, the method doesn't help everyone.
- Interesting to read: what is post isometric relaxation of muscles
Happen the circumstances when manual therapy of the cervical spine are dangerous to health. Their list includes:
- The aggravation of infectious or chronic diseases;
- Inflammation in the body;
- Abnormalities of the spine;
- Sequestration of a herniated disc;
- Tumors of various origin;
- Fresh injuries of the back or joints;
- High blood pressure;
- Pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- Discogenic myelopathy;
- Scoliosis of severe degree;
- The locking hyperostosis;
- Recent heart attack or stroke;
- Fresh surgery;
- Old age;
- The presence of alcohol in the body.
No one professional will not start the procedure if you confirm one of the above contraindications.
The effectiveness of the treatment
After completing a full course marked positive therapeutic effects, main of which are:
- The elimination or reduction of pain of the cervical spine;
- The restoration of the lost motor function of neck and shoulders;
- Elimination of headaches, dizziness and tinnitus;
- Improvement of cerebral blood flow;
- Relieve tension in the muscles of the back and neck;
- Release sandwiched inflamed spinal nerves;
- Normalization of the functions of the affected tissues and joints;
- Elimination of numbness in the extremities;
- Improving emotional state of the patient.
The treatment produces a beneficial effect, if applied at the initial stage of destructive processes in the upper spine.
- Suggest reading: manual therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical.
The procedure of therapy
On arrival at reception the patient lies on the couch. The success of the event requires a relaxed and even breathing. With hands doctor determines the condition of the backbone, muscles and joints. Experienced specialist and no x-rays will detect the lesions, but it is recommended to attend the first session with pictures. A notable result from the procedures is achieved in the case when manual therapy painful neck includes three main sequential techniques:
- Relaxing massage – the effects of light on the affected area to relax the muscles and ligaments and decrease muscle tone.
- Mobilization – therapeutic mechanical action on the normalization of the broken functions of the joints and return them to mobility. With one hand the physician detects the pathological segment and the other plays the pressure of certain areas.
- Manipulation – enhanced influence on each vertebra to restore full capacity joints. The procedure is unpleasant in nature and is accompanied by a crunch, and then pain in the neck is significantly reduced.
After the end of the session it is impossible to rise sharply and rush home, because due to the intense procedure, the body needs some rest. In some cases, because of the artificial effects on tissues may be seen some short-term painallowed to take analgesic medication. This period is required to refrain from any sudden movements, turns and tilts the cervical.
- See also: Manual therapy of the spine.
Frequency of sessions is determined by your doctor. Usually the procedure is repeated 2 times a week, but if the spine can tolerate chiropractic treatment – can be performed daily.
The course lasts from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months and varies depending on the disease and personal characteristics of the organism treated person.
Going to the session, you should imagine that Chiropractics because of procedure may be accompanied by painful techniques, especially they are starting treatment. If in the absence of contraindications during the event the patient feels too much pain, and after the manipulation did not have enough strength to stand up, it is necessary and urgent to change doctors or to discuss available specialist all of the current pain.
Consequences and complications
The risk of deterioration of illness – the composite of any treatment, but it is minimal, if the therapy is delivered by a professional in accordance with contraindications and specific diseases. The doctor is obliged to know perfectly their job, because even a small error can cripple the patient. Improper procedures can cause a number of changes, but not beneficial, and negative:
- A fracture of the cervical vertebrae;
- The hypermobility syndrome joints;
- Damage to the muscles and ligaments;
- Infringement of a herniated disc;
- The offset or block vertebrae;
- Ischemic stroke;
- Poor circulation or bleeding.
- This is interesting: yoga for the neck
Being aware of possible damage to the body, should with due diligence to find a doctor who is not afraid to entrust their health. You need to ensure the specialized education and to consult with your doctor on the subject of rationality in the implementation of manual therapy. Today's medicine gives a clear explanation of the benefit and harm of this method. Chiropractic is not a panacea, it only reduces symptoms of illness, including pain. Those who manage to find a good specialist and to complete the course of treatment with improvements to the body, will be one step closer to his recovery.