Back pain when head tilt: forward, down, back
Back pain when head tilt down is caused when the muscles in the human body. Moving your head, you change the position of the lower back. Because of this, there is compression of the nerve root. Plagued by a sharp shooting pain develops sciatica. The cause may be inflammation of internal organs.
Lower back pain when tilting the head forward have different pathogenesis, diagnosis can be quite challenging. There are certain moments, according to which is easier to understand the source of pain with head rotation or tilt. The doctor says the following factors:
- Accurate localization of pain in the lower back – upper or lower, right or left side;
- The nature of the pain – pulls, stabs, shoots. Is pain lumbar chronic or develops seizures;
- Whether seizures with abrupt movements, or may even occur in a peaceful position of the body;
- After which locomotor activity painful. After the patient walks, stands, turns, or bends.
See also: pain in left side back side
The content of the article
If the tilt of the head aches in the back, often it makes sense to talk about the syndrome strangulated nerve root. In the result of inflammatory process begins only aggravating lower back pain.
The nerve may be stifled due to the following diseases:
- Tumors, malignant or benign. A tumor, a cyst may encroach on the nerve root;
- A hernia or protrusion. Compression is performed by protrusion of the intervertebral disc or released from a break purposei cloth;
- Spondylolisthesis. Changes the position of the bodies of the vertebrae, and they put pressure on the nerve root;
- Traumatic exposure and fractures with splinters can damage nerve tissue;
- Inflammation and purulent lesion in the spine at the level of the waist;
- Stenosis (narrowing) of the intervertebral disc space as a result of osteochondrosis.
When it is the compression of the spine when bending and turning the head can be provided with additional pressure on him. That will cause severe, shooting pains in the lower back (lumbar backache or lumbago).
Symptoms of nerve infringement
Sciatica is damage to the nerve roots. If you feel pain when you turn your head, pay attention to the following symptoms. They will help to understand whether the problem is radicular syndrome:
- If you touch the chin to the body, the lower back will go through severe pain;
- The pain occurs when you clench the abdominal muscles;
- Palpation of the spine in the Department of the waist became painful;
- If you lie down and try to raise straight leg, this can not be done because of pain;
- Pain lumbar irradiiruet in the pelvic region and lower limbs.
Lower back can hurt when head movements even after the aggravation of the radicular syndrome will end. Just the pain will become a chronic condition, will turn into dull instead of shooting. In General the situation will not change – you need to find the problem and cure it. Otherwise pathology will develop.
- You may be interested in: sharp lower back pain when bending
Lumbodynia, lumbago lumbago, or lower back is a condition in which sharply pinches the nerve. This causes an immediate piercing pain. Accompanying symptom is the complete stiffness of the lower back. That way is due to muscle spasm. Sharp contraction of the muscles needed by the body to protect the nerves of the lower back from further damage. However, tense muscles while they themselves often put pressure on the muscles, which exacerbates the situation.
The disruption of the internal organs
Pain when turning or tilting the head can have the root of diseases of the internal organs. This pain syndrome can manifest itself in completely different ways, pain when turning – one of the possible options. Pain after these movements can shot to radiate in the lower back.
The problem may lie in the following diseases:
- Kidney stones;
- Pregnancy outside the uterus;
What to do
For pain the loins of this kind it is desirable not to rely on self-medication. Go to the doctor, goexamination only medical professionals can pinpoint the source of the problem and to appoint adequate treatment.
- Also read: pain in upper back
There is a big chance that your pain when you turn your head triggered by inflammation. Many people believe that the folk wisdom of the right and the best treatment of inflammatory processes of the lower back is a warming agent. This includes bath, warming external preparations, compresses and even alcoholic beverages. And all of these methods are completely incorrect, if the inflammation is in the acute stage. After the beginning of the inflammatory process of the lower back do not expose it to heat for at least two days. During this time the pain is much better to remove cold packs, menthol gels.
There are many methods that help to remove lower back pain. First and foremost, you can take a painkiller, for example, Ketorol, or caution. At the time of the attack it is best to relax and escape from all stress factors, both physical and mental.
Well-known people have non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, for example Diclofenac, Ibuprofen or Nise. They struggle with the pain, defeating its source – an inflammatory process around the damaged nerve tissue. However, they have big disadvantage – they have a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract. In particular, if applied topically, in the form of ointments or gels.
In cases where pain in the lower back is unbearable, not normally allowed to move and live, the patient is prescribed injectable blockade spinal novocaine. It works briefly, for about two days, but during this period the patient can live quietly, without piercing lower back pain.